About Johannesburg Polytechnic
Johannesburg Polytechnic seeks to become a leading out-come driven entrepreneurial research Higher Learning Institution by translating our excellence into a major contribution to culture, economic well-being, and quality of life for all humanity.
Johannesburg Polytechnic started as a computer college way back in 2002 in Braamfontein, it was then known as Strathrand Graduate Institute, in 2007 it started a collaboration with Johannesburg Polytech Institute when it moved to New Doornfontein, offering computer courses and internet access to high school and college students.
In 2009, Johannesburg Polytechnic moved to Braamfontein once again when it started offering ACCA and CAT courses.
In 2011 the college added CIMA Certificate and Diploma Courses to its portfolio and became a Computer Based Examinations Centre for ACCA
In 2012, Johannesburg Polytechnic was officially registered and accredited by MICT Seta to offer National Certificate and FET Certificates in Information Technology.
In 2013, the college became a CIMA Private Computer Based Examinations Centre and started offering examinations for CIMA at the CBA Centre.
Following tremendous growth in the number of students and the need to expand, the college acquired new premises on leasing basis at the ultra modern Rennie House in 2014
Currently Johannesburg Polytechnic is the trading name of Johannesburg Polytechnic Pty Limited a company incorporated under the companies Act in the Republic of South Africa, we offer a broad range of Professional Diplomas, certificates, skills programmes and basic NATED vocational levels that are comparable to those that are offered in South African public FET colleges. These programmes cover the education and training needs of the learners ranging from skills programmes, short courses through to full qualifications on the NQF. In all programmes areas, close links with industry, business and the wider community have been established.
Johannesburg Polytechnic is structured into two (2) departments, namely:
- Business and Accountancy studies – ACCA, CIMA and CAT
- Information and Technology studies- National Certificates, Further Education and Training Certificates, Diplomas, Pastel, Microsoft, Cisco
The programmes of Johannesburg Polytechnic, with their strong vocational orientation, contribute to the development of a workforce able to meet the challenging skills requirements of an economy undergoing significant approaches to education and training delivery, and on the access and participation of disadvantaged groups to skills creation programmes in areas of employment growth and need.
VISION, MISSION AND VALUES
Johannesburg Polytechnic seeks to become a leading and most sought after private Further & Higher education and training provider of courses that are registered on the National Qualifications Framework (NQF).
In order to realize the above stated vision Johannesburg Polytechnic will strive to become the “ultimate experts of quality education and training” and comply with the requirements of the South African legislation, Quality Assurance Bodies (ETQAs) and professional bodies, and render the best services to the learners at affordable prices. This is captured by our motto: “Imagine the Impossibilities!”
1.3 College Values
At Johannesburg Polytechnic we believe that:
- All students can learn.
- Learners are the centre of the educational process.
- Learners learn best in a safe, orderly, and inviting environment.
- Learners must have competent educators, principals, and support personnel.
- Learners should have equal access to learning opportunities.
- Learners have the responsibility to be active learners.
- Curriculum and instruction should meet the needs of all learners.
- Education is a shared responsibility of home, school, and community.
- Parents’ involvement and volunteer services support and enhance the teaching and learning process.
Johannesburg Polytechnic continues to add the course portfolio by working closely with accredited professional bodies and SETAs in order to bring recognised and highly rated courses to our learners.
The Polytechnic is currently accredited by:
- MICT SETA- Media Information and Communication Technology Sector Education and Training Authority – ACC/2012/753/27
- ACCA – Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (Approved Learning Partner-Gold)
- CIMA- Chartered Institute of Management Accountants –Listed Provider
In the coming financial year we are intending to start offering:
- IMM-Institute of Marketing Management
- ICSA- Institute of Chartered Secretaries and Administrators
- AAT- Association of Accounting Technicians
- ICB- Institute of Certified Bookkeepers Southern Africa
- Services Seta- Tourism and Travel as well as Beauty and Hair Care courses
- HWSETA- Health Courses
- Pearson Vue- CIMA Private Computer Based Assessments Centre
- ACCA- Licensed Computer Based Examinations Centre
- AAT- Licenced Computer Based Assessments Centre