Corporate Social Investment & Corporate Social Responsibility
Thank you for visiting our corporate partners site. Here you can get the various ways we can partner together to enhance the skills development to our youth and citizenry.
Johannesburg Polytechnic would like to partner with you in various Corporate Social Investments (CSI).
What is Corporate Social Investment?
CSI encompasses projects that are external to the normal business activities of a company and not directly for purposes of increasing company profit. These projects have a strong developmental approach and utilise company resources to benefit and uplift communities and are not primarily driven as marketing initiatives.
Your company can partner with us in offering the following:
- Information Communications Technology (ICT) Infrastructure
- Job Creation, Internships, and Practical Experience Requirements
- Skills Development in ICT, Accounting and Management Accounting
- Sponsorships in terms of fees alleviation for the vulnerable and previously disadvantaged
Many companies are realising the need for CSI, but exactly what can CSI do for you?
- By becoming a good corporate citizen you can improve your organisation’s competitive edge in terms of attracting and retaining investors, clients and employees.
- CSI demonstrates the ‘heart’ of your company and can enhance your credibility.
- Improve the living conditions of your employees, their families and the communities in which you operate, thereby creating a sense of employee satisfaction and loyalty.
- Contribute to and support your marketing tools: i.e. brand awareness.
- Align your company with industry charters: SRI (Social Responsibility Index) and GRI (Global Reporting Index).
- Stabilise the social and economic environment.
- Generate new business ideas.
- Generate inquiries about your business operations.
- Enhance your company’s corporate image and ultimately your Return On Investment.
Johannesburg Polytechnic has developed a Proposal where you can select in which way to invest:
Every company or organisation however small or big can chip in, broadly speaking you can:
- Offer paid or un-paid practical training experience
- Sponsor learners in acquiring information technology skills
- Sponsor learners in acquiring accounting skills
- Mentor learners in the workplace
Download the Proposal:
Some of the companies currently or had in the past participated in some form of CSI or company sponsorship: